This past week has been just crazy...so, what else is new?
Last weekend, our little "Sunshine" girl - our budgie - died. She had been acting a lethargic for a few days, but she had been eating well so I wasn't too worried. Our canary tends to go through short spells of being quiet...
That morning, she seemed fine. Climbing around her cage, and eating like normal. I was busy throughout the day; I went to say goodnight to her before I went to bed that night and found her on the bottom of her cage. What a shock!
I feel terrible that she was all alone when it happened...not that I could have really done anything, but I always feel that any living thing should not be alone when their time comes. I really wish I had at least been in the same room - or had some idea that it was her time.
And to top it off, we think it is "time" for our very senior poodle. He has been "going downhill" for quite some time now and we have been watching carefully and giving lots of love and attention to him. He is obviously in pain; we always said that we would not let him live in pain so now "it is time". This will be one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do; he has been wth us since he was 12 weeks old and he's now 17 years old. He is a wonderful, loving and loyal friend and we'll miss him terribly. All I need to do now is get up enough nerve to make the appointment and say goodbye to my very dear friend and constant companion.
On a happier note, I have been very busy getting ready for our first show of the year. We'll planning our yearly trip to Georgia and Florida to meet up with friends and enjoy a few days of fun and sun.
We have been very busy getting all our plans set for the trip and getting everything planned for the 2-day show that we will be vending at in Georgia.
Then it's off to Florida for a few more days with friends, visiting our pre-adopted greyhound Rowdy can't wait to see him again, a few hours at the farm visiting the many greyhounds living at the farm, an hour or so at the kennel visiting the racing dogs, and an evening watching the races with friends.
We are so excited as this is one of the highlights of our year and it is coming up fast.
Have a greyt day!
Joanne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment